Firefighters have been called out to Pan on Tuesday evening (November 27).
Ten firefighters were called out at around 6.20pm to Royal Exchange.
Crews from Cowes and Newport attended, with two appliances, one hose reel and one high pressure jet.
Two firefighters entered to extinguish the fire using breathing apparatus.
The incident now been brought under control after a homeowner left a saucepan on the cooker that caught fire.
A firefighter at the scene has confirmed 25 per cent of the kitchen has been damaged by fire, but the house is smoke-logged.
A photo of the offending saucepan been sent in from the scene.