Firefighters have released an image of a burnt out tumble dryer as a warning.
Posted to Twitter on Tuesday (August 7), the Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service warned tumble dryer users to check their pockets before drying clothes.
A cigarette lighter left in some clothing saw a tumble dryer catch fire in East Cowes on August 3.
IWFRS attended a tumble dryer fire in East Cowes on 3rd August. After investigation it was found that a cigarette lighter had been left in an item of clothing. This had heated up in the drum and caused the fire. Please check pockets before putting clothing in tumble dryers. pic.twitter.com/l6NvZO6tWz
— Isle of Wight Fire (@iwightfire) 7 August 2018