Newport firefighters had to tackle a small chimney fire at a house in Brighstone this morning (Thursday, January 3).
The alarm was raised shortly after 9.30 am, leading to one fire engine attending the scene at Upper Lane.
Specialist equipment was used to extinguish the baze, which was put out by 10.30 am.
Island households are strongly advised to ensure chimneys are swept before fires are lit this winter. There have been a number of chimney fires on the Island this winter, most recently in Ventnor and Cranmore.