See pictures from the aftermath of a West Wight fire.
Fire crews from Freshwater and Yarmouth attended a wood store fire in West Wight at around 6.15am on Saturday (July 28).
The wood store was located between a house and a storage building.
The fire had started to spread to the storage building when crews arrived on scene.
Firefighters worked hard with breathing apparatus, using high pressure hose reels and the main jets to extinguish the fire and prevent it from spreading to the house and woodland around the buildings.
Thermal imaging cameras were then used to find hot spots under the outbuilding floor.
Risks included a gas cylinder which had to be cooled and removed by the crews.
A spokesman for Freshwater Fire Station said: “The fire is believed to have started as a result of an overheating light in the wood store.”
Images and information published with kind permission of the house holder – click to enlarge